Phantasy Star II
Equip armor glitch
It is possible to have armor equipped even if it is not in your possession...first make sure you have at least two pieces of armor in a characters possession..
1. Go to the equip screen and highlight the armor you want to keep equipped.
2. This is the tricky part...equip/unequip the armor...when it says ".....takes armor" press a confirm button and then QUICKLY press down to the next armor below it and equip/unequip that armor. You need to do it
fast enough so that you see only a little change in the attack,defense, and/or agility from changing equipment.
3. You'll know if the glitch worked because you won't be able to unequip the first piece of armor. Now you can give the armor to another character! Who says you can't have powerful equipment like the NEIMET on just one character?
To cancel the glitch, simply equip another piece of armor over the affected armor slot.
It may take a few tries to get the glitch working because the equipping/unequipping must be done very quickly.
Contributed By: DBD0607.
Item Duplication glitch.
This will allow you to dupe any item in the game, even the Nei items.
Anna can have 2 Nei Slicers, Rolf, and Kain no longer need to fight over the Neimet. It even helps when you need to buy knives, or multiple armors.
BEWARE THIS TRICK WILL OVERWRITE INVENTORY ITEMS USE WITH CAUTION!
1. Make sure one person has at minimum 9 items and a max of 15(just use antidotes as they are cheap). DO NOT KEEP IMPORTANT ITEMS OR VALUABLE EQUIPMENT ON THIS CHARACTER DURING THIS PROCESS! DO NOT KEEP ITEM YOU WANT TO DUPE ON THE CHARACTER WITH ANTIDOTES!
2. Go to the item you want duped, and press "C". A menu will pop up " use" "giv" "tos". Now back out until you can select another character.
3. Go to the character with the antidotes press " C" on next, and then go up to next again, but this time press "B" and "C" Simultaneously and you will see the "use" "giv" "tos" menu.
4. Select "giv" and give it to the person with the antidotes.
5. Congrats! Keep doing this until you no longer see an Antidote in your inventory.
Now you can sell all those extra weapons and armor for massive profit.
Contributed By: smurfsn1p3r.
No random encounters
When examining the nearby area with the A (Talk, Examine) button, the next step you take is guaranteed not to take you into a battle. Keep hitting the A button (Talk, Examine) while you walk, so that after every step it will say ''There seems to be nothing unusual here.'' No random encounters will happen, but it will take quite a while to maneuver through dungeons this way.
Contributed By: H Hog.
In battle, get all of your team members KO-ed except for Nei. Then get Nei to cast Nasak and she should KO herself. Then, your characters will turn invisible and you can walk around dungeons freely.
(This works in all version of PS2)
Contributed By: Uvula Walrus.
Make the game scroll one frame at a time.
When paused, press C and one frame should go by.
Contributed By: krankorx.
Slow motion play
When paused, press and hold B and play as normal. The game should play very slow.
Contributed By: krankorx.
Switch game music
This trick allows you to have different music play in other areas, using the slow motion code. First, you go to the area that has the music you want, like the weapons shop for instance. Next, press start and hold B. The game will move in slow motion with no sound, so you can still move. Now, then go to another place and let go of B, then press Start. The music from the place where you first pressed B and Start now plays in this area! Cool glitch!
Contributed By: Orange Star.